Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Jackie's Ginger Cookies



These are my mom's ginger cookies. Everyone loves them and super easy to whip up. I usually double the batch and they won't last 2 days around my house. 

¾ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
¼ cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
¼ tsp salt

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease or line cookie sheets. Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and molasses. Beat until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and slat. Sift in dry ingredients. Shape into small balls and roll eat in sugar. I put sugar in a small container and put several balls in and shake. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. I can get 6 dozen when I double the batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment