Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hamburger Casserole

This is another recipe that I have gotten from my mother in law Charlotte. It is a favorite in our house and one that's great when you need a quick meal. I'll have to make it so I can post a picture with the recipe.

1 lb hamburger
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cook these all together in a frying pan. Then add in:

1 can Italian tomato soup ( I use a Campbell's Basil & Oregano)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/4 cup water

Mix well and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 4 cups shell macaroni uncooked. I then top with a little extra cheese because I love anything with cheese. Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden. Great to serve with veggies or a salad.


3 comments:

  1. So many recipes! I don't know where to begin! I may have to just try all of them. What type of meatballs from m and m do you buy? Does Sobry's have pre made ones you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy the italian style meatballs at M&M's.....I think they are on sale this week for $10.99. I have never tried the Sobeys brand.......I think they have a M&M just down the road from you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!!
    We had it for dinner today, and it did not disappoint.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete