Monday, March 21, 2011

Tri Color Pasta Salad

Spring is here and that means more BBQ and salads. Tonight we are having chicken with pasta salad......and who knows what else. This is a must in our house....my kids just came up and they could tell from the smell of noodles what I was making. I had to smack fingers as they kept trying to sneak some from the bowl. It's easy to make and so yummy.....I'm really wishing I had made a bigger batch.....

1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 chopped tomatoes ( I remove the seeds)
1 small english cucumber, remove seeds and chop
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
500g tri-color fusilli pasta, cooked and cooled

Sauce:
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika

Cook and cool your pasta and put in salad bowl. Add all your chopped veggies and mix together. Put all your sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together well. Pour over salad and mix up. Put in fridge to cool. Mix before serving as the dressing tends to settle on the bottle.

I like to toss cheese in mine when I serve it. I have one who doesn't like cheese in her salad so I try to get her some up first. I also don't really measure out the salt, pepper and paprika so you want to taste it and see if you want a little more or not. Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment