Friday, April 22, 2011

Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto

This is another great recipe that I have gotten from my good friend Jodie. I love when she tells me about a new recipe she has made that was awesome.....this is one for sure....

Cook 1 lb penne pasta in boiling, salted water for approx. 12 minutes or until tender.

While the pasta is cooking you will need the following....

1 (270ml-9 oz) jar of sun-dreid tomatoes packed in olive oil, do not drain
2 garlic cloves
1 cup. packed fresh basil leaves (remove stem)
salt and pepper

Put the above ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Scrape the pesto into a bowl and stir in

1/2 cup FRESHLY grated parmesan cheese. Set aside.

When pasta is finished cooking, drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Add pasta to the pesto, tossing to coat, adding enough of the cooking water to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on Jodie's blog a while back. I've made it a couple of times. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is crazy, I followed you over from Kelle's blog...and saw this recipe-I've been looking for a great pasta recipe like this one! I had something that looks just like this in a restaurant and haven't been able to quite duplicate it. Can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete