Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bowtie Pasta Salad


I have another fantastic friend..... she now has a blog that is all kind of amazing recipes. I guarantee that anything you try you will love. She has an amazing talent for cooking and baking that I know was taught to her by her phenomenal Dad and one that I'm sure she'll perfect one day. I really don't know how she stays so skinny.......

This pasta recipe is one of hers. It is an absolute favourite. I love to make and but at the same time I have to be careful because if I don't have many to share it with I will eat it ALL. Try it out......you will love it.......it's a nice change from some of the regular summer salads.

1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/2- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half
1 cup crasins
2 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup cole slaw dressing
1 box bow tie pasta

Cook your pasta , cool and place in bowl. I then cut up the first 3 ingredients , throw them in the bowl with the noodles and then mix in with the crasins. I'll then take the mayo and cole slaw dressing , whisk it together and pour over the noodles etc. Then I cover and it's best if it can sit for a few hours to be good and chilled. When you are ready to serve you add your mandarin oranges and cashews. If I know it's not all going to be eaten that day I like to put the cashews on the side for people to add themselves. Otherwise they aren't crunchy the next day when you go to have the leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment