Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shish Tawook

This is one of my favourites. It was given to me by one of my really good girlfriends Jodie. She has an amazing food blog that she does with her cousin so you might want to check it out. I actually am using her picture for the finished product today as I forgot to take one before the chicken was all gone. We love to have this with rice, pita and hummus. We cook it outside when the weather is warm and inside on our Cuisinart Griddler during wet or cold weather. Enjoy!!


Marinade:

2-3 cloves of minced garlic
1 1/2 T tomato paste
2 T ketchup
1/4 C plain yogurt
1/4 C lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika

Cut 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cubes. Place in the marinade for several hours or overnight.
Soak shish kabob sticks in water for a half hour. Thread the chicken onto the sticks, about 6 pieces. I use a roasting pan but line the bottom with a bit of parchment or foil to make clean up easier.
They can be grilled on the bbq, or put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I like to broil them for a few minutes at the end to finish cooking-- they appear to look grilled and I know they are cooked through.

I like to marinade in glass with a lid.....the garlic is strong....

Cooking on the griddler.... a favorite purchase!!!

Ready to eat.......yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment