Sunday, February 27, 2011

Muddy Buddies


This is an addictive snack. A friend introduced it to me the other year and I have been addicted ever since. When I make this I use Chex cereal which you can't get in Canada. So my Canadian friends can try Crispix.....it will give you close to the same final product. I usually bring home a few box of Chex just for these. Sadly I'm getting low......anyone going to Maine anytime??

9 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside. In microwaveable bowl microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into large ziploc bag and add powdered sugar. Seal bag and shake until well coated. Spread onto wax paper until cool. Store in air tight container in refrigerator. Delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment